Almost everyone in our group has some symptoms of altitude sickness or a stomach flu. One of the trekkers of the expedition had to turn back already, and another trekker as well as the other guide had to stay at a lower altitude to wait until they get better, which takes time in these altitudes. Therefore, I am taking care of this cold I am having to the best of my abilities.
As some of us are having a hard time, the importance of the team spirit is being emphasized all the more. On our spare time we joke about anything and everything. I have been lucky to get this far without having any symptoms of altitude sickness. However, today’s trek here to Gorak Shep was hard on me due to the cold. After a two hour’s ascent we will arrive in what will be our home for the next two months. We will reach the Base Camp and we get to pitch our tent.
The next three days we will spend organizing our gear and getting ready for the first ascent to Camp 1. From now on I will keep you updated via satellite. I will get back to you soon!